The Holidays

Hi I am Kylee and today I am going to be talking to you about my favorite three holidays. The first holiday I am going to talk about is Christmas.  We celebrate Christmas because that is when Jesus was born. Sometimes we do not think of Christmas as celebrating Jesus´s birthday, we think of it as Santa coming to our houses and giving us presents on Christmas Eve night and on Christmas morning we have presents sitting under the tree. Every year my grandma and grandpa come down on Christmas Eve and gives us presents. When we wake up in the morning on Christmas, we go to the Christmas tree and we see presents sitting under the tree. Then we have some hot chocolate and open our presents with our parents and grandparents.  After my grandparents leave we clean the house up from all of the wrapping paper and then we sit in front of the fir and have some more hot chocolate. This is what i do every year on Christmas.  If you want you can comment down below what you do on Christmas every year. Hope you have a good Christmas.

The next holiday I am going to talk to you about is Halloween. Halloween is celebrated because it is the roots of the age – old European traditions. Halloween is originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts. For Halloween every year me and my family dress up. This year my sister, my dad, and me all dressed up as a super hero. My sister was Captain America girl, my dad was Dead Pool, and I was Bat Girl. My mom dress up different than us because she was not a superhero. My mom dressed up as   Wednesday White from the Adam´s family. When it is about two days before Halloween we always go to a Halloween party. At the party when it is twelve, we have a Halloween contest.  This year when we went to the Halloween party my mom and dad won the contest for a trophy. My dad won best superhero/ villain, and my mom won best female. Then a couple days later it is Halloween and we go trick or treating at my cousins big neighborhood and we get a lot of candy. When we get back home we eat some of our candy and then we go to bed. This is what I do for Halloween every year. What do you do every year for Halloween?

The last holiday I am going to talk to you about is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the new world in October 1621. For Thanksgiving my grandparents come down to my house and we  have a big dinner. My grandma brings a big pumpkin pie so everybody can have some. Some of the things that we have is turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, macaroni, and pumpkin pie. I help my mom make all of it before my grandparents come over. Then when we are finished and they come over they eat with us. This is what I do for Thanksgiving every year. What do you do for Thanksgiving?

Limassol, Cyprus - Christmas Tree 2016 Andreas Komodromos via Compfight         

Invited to Dinner ! Steve Corey via Compfight                  201701028 Denpark 4 Bong Grit via Compfight

By November 28, 2017.  No Comments on The Holidays  Uncategorized